How We Meet Our Goals for Students
The Manson Learns Tree is the visual image we’ve linked to provide clarity in how we are meeting our district’s goals for students. To reach these goals each school is granted “some” autonomy in how they accomplish this work with their specific age level of students and will develop an aligned way to articulate their work. For example:
- Manson High School = Manson Strong - Pride, Passion and Grit
- Manson Middle School = Manson Explores
- Manson Elementary = Manson Builds
Watch: What Makes Us, "Manson Strong"?
Manson School District Vision
We envision a compassionate and challenging school environment where students:
- are valued as individuals;
- stretched to achieve their full potential;
- understand and contribute to the world they live in;
- acquire the social skills to be successful in a complex and rapidly changing world;
- are well nourished, safe and nurtured.
Theory of Action (How we’ll achieve our vision)
We believe that caring, reflective, and courageous educators will be able to design a school system where students learn in a style customized to their individual academic and social needs. Creating these new types of schools will result in more students engaged in their learning and increased student achievement especially with students who have traditionally under-performed.
Essential Components of Manson Learns
- Continuous Student Learning – Goals For Students
- Customized learning – provide choices/pathways
- Hands on/experiential learning
- Post-Secondary Emphasis – College, Career and Life
- Integrate technologies – less consuming, more creating
- Think differently about resources (time, people, and dollars)
- Partnering with our families, businesses and community