Staff Information: School Closures
Manson School District
School Closure/Delay Information
2019-20 School Year
Decision on Closure/Delay
- Weather Issues – Transportation Supervisor will work with the Operations Manager to form a recommendation for the Superintendent. The Operations manager will call the Superintendent at 509.881.0857. This recommendation will be made prior to 6:00 a.m. whenever possible. Superintendent will make decision based on recommendation regarding school closure/delay.
- Other Issues – Superintendent will consult with admin team and form a recommendation. Depending on issue and time constraints the Superintendent may consult with school board president or entire board.
- When a decision is made to close or delay school the following steps will be taken:
- Superintendent will notify:
- Operations Manager who notifies:
- Transportation Supervisor – notifies all transportation employees
- Food Services employees
- Maintenance/custodial employees
- High School Principal – notifies all high school employees
- Middle School Principal – notifies all middle school employees
- Elementary Principal – notifies all elementary employees
- District Office Coordinator – notifies Business Manager, and all other district office staff
- School Board President – notifies other school board members
- Superintendent will call local radio stations (KOZI, 682-4033) and KPQ (663-5656 before 6:00 a.m. – 665-6565 after 6:00 a.m.)
- District Office Coordinator will:
- Post information on Manson’s Facebook page.
- Send district wide text message to all parents and staff members using Bright Arrow notification service.
On days that school is delayed all staff are expected to arrive at their work assignments as soon as safely possible.
On days that school is cancelled employees who normally work year-round positions are expected to arrive at their work assignments as soon as safely possible. School employees who work a “school day” calendar should not report to school as they will work on the day school is made up.