Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Steve Nygreen
Everyone can learn… All students are unique… We all have talents… A student’s goal is to discover their attributes and celebrate their successes after applying them… A teacher’s role is to assist in this endeavor until the student functions independently with success… Teachers also provide guidance, advice and expertise when needed… most importantly, teachers should cheer students on!
- Edmonds Community College (AA)
* Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, Cum Laude, Minor in History (Emphasis in Psychology and Anthropology
* University of Washington, MA Curriculum and Instruction
- National Board Certification - Literacy, Reading-Language Arts, Early-Middle Childhood
- Chelan School District (Morgen Owings Elementary 2nd Grade, Chelan Middle School Mathematics)
- Northshore School District (Fernwood Elementary 3rd/4th, Kokanee Elementary 2nd Grade)
- Zumiez Inc. (Director of Stores, Executive Vice President of Retail Operations, Director of Training, Special Projects)
- My family is spread about Washington State in Brier, Yakima and the Palouse as well as in the states of California, Tennessee, New Jersey and New York. I learned a great deal from my grandparents and parents who worked at Boeing (aerospace planning and tooling), the Seattle Shipyards and Nygreen Metal Works (sheet metal production), and Nygreen Farms (wheat, alfalfa, peas, & garbanzo bean farming with cattle ranching). We love to camp and fish and have travelled all over the northwestern US And Canada. I have lived in the states of North Dakota, Montana and Missouri.
- I love to hike, fish, golf, snowboard, swim, and travel. I have visited Canada, the Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, England, France, Fiji, Germany, Italy, New Zealand and Mexico. I enjoy a bevy of sports like football (Go Cougs!), basketball (Go Huskies!), soccer (Juventus! Chelsea! Manchester United!), and baseball (Go Mariners!). I have had the opportunity to coach Cross Country, Basketball, Soccer and Softball. I love attending the theater (Phantom of the Opera, Nutcracker, etc.) and love to read. My wonderful wife Jessica works in education and is an avid runner. My daughter Olivia is a freshman at George Fox University and is running Cross Country for the mighty Bruins. My son Ben is a big-hearted senior at Chelan High School who is looking forward to his last year of school. He works at Slidewaters where he is most often found scooping ice cream and sliding for free!